Thursday 8 November 2012

Song Number 1: Getting Nowhere Fast

Ok so I recorded this song 5 minutes ago and as promised I am uploading it to here. I'd thought I'd be clear some things, so before you listen to it take the time out to read this little peice of self indulgance.

Things I hate about it:
The Vocals: I'm one of those guys who hates the sound of their own voice, literally straight after recording this song I gave it a listen and actually cringed at my singing. It's fucking terrible, but there's nothing I can do about that really so there you go. I guess my voice will have to do under the circumstances.
The Recording Quality: I recorded it life using my mac microphone and GarageBand and it sounds utter shit. You get a lot of fuzz in your speakers so again I'm sorry about that. Oh well, it could be classed as "Lo-Fi" in which case I will proabably be classed as a Hipster. Which I am cool with, because in my opinion the word Hipster is bullshit. But that's another argument entirely.

Things I like about it:
The Lyrics: I wrote this song on a whim and it completely sums up how I feel about the town where I come from, I've wanted to write a song that disses my hometown and the people that live there (apart from all my lovely mates I have back there) for ages, so here it is. It feel it is just me being 100% Honest about my feelings for the boring shithole that is my town. It's like New York, I love you but you're bringing me down, except it's Horsham, I hate you so please fuck off.

The Melody: I love my guitar playing on this one, I thought up the riff quickly in my head and I am proud of it.

So there you go.

Listen to it here: http://soundcloud.com/thebrightsociety/getting-nowhere-fast

No comments:

Post a Comment